Monday, January 7, 2013

Samsung Epic 4g Smart Phone

There are many versatile smart phones on the market right now. Over time the number of phones in use is only going to grow, as more and more people take advantage of all the opportunities smart phones have to offer. I've heard estimates of over 5 billion phones in use right now. Not all of those are smart phones but that number is growing over time.

Right now I am on my third smart phone, the Samsung Epic 4G. I remember when I first switched from a standard phone with an ordinary screen to a smart phone. The comparison was like night and day. There were so many new options available that I didn't have before. I remember people saying that once you switch over to a smart phone, there's no going back to the phone you used to have. That was certainly true in my case also. Looking back, it seems like the ordinary cell phone I use to have didn’t do much more than make phone calls. And at the time it was the rage.

I've been using the Samsung Epic 4G since September of 2010. My wife and I bought these phones just after they came out. I had a choice of getting that, or the HTC EVO 4G, since those had just come out before the Epic. But after briefly considering the EVO, we both ended up getting the Epic. I figured it might be easier to help each other with the various features on the phone since we both had the same ones. Now whenever I get a question on how to do something, it's a lot easier to figure out. I can just check it on my phone and then tell her how to do it. Of course, that works both ways as we’re learning from each other. We’re comparing features along the way.

On Saturday I was looking through the Wall Street Journal and saw a full-page ad for the Epic. It reminded me of the kind of ad you see when a phone first comes out. But in this case the phone has been out for several months. The ad was showcasing how it is still the number one phone in its class, as chosen by a leading magazine review.

There is no shortage of applications to use for this phone. So far, all the ones I have are free apps. Just when you think you have everything you'd like, something new comes along that you just have to have. With the plethora of apps on the market, and new ones coming out all the time, there's one for every occasion you can think of. And if you can think of something original that's not out there, then you can create it yourself. Granted, that's easier said than done, but as you can see it has been done with thousands of apps on the market available for download.

No comments:

Post a Comment